Sunday, March 30, 2014

Satanic Malfunctions "Them" review


"Them"
Released: October 15, 2013

I sent cash in the mail to own the 1986 7" "Who Wants the World" by Satanic Malfunctions.


It was one of those records that proved cathartic to my mental state back in 1986. Twenty-four songs on a 7" back then was almost proof you knew what you were doing. 

Satanic Malfunctions were in the same field as Protes Bengt and L'arm.

"Them" is Satanic Malfunctions' (from the UK) first full length in 22 years. These 20 songs bring in a bit more of a Concrete Sox meets Disorder or Chaos UK thrash sound and would not fit on a 7". Still averaging under two minutes, the CD lasts only 31 minutes.


Glad Satanic Malfunctions are back, keeping that 1980s chaotic hardcore punk sound alive.

I am late to the draw on "Them", unlike when I was right on time for "Who Wants the World". I also missed 2012's "Disgrace to Music" 2xcd that was their entire discography up until that point. Join me as we catch up from 1986 to 2014.



Cheers,
Frank FOE


No comments:

Post a Comment