Wednesday, November 28, 2018

T.S.O.L "1 Thing"

T.S.O.L.
"1 Thing" 12"
Hardline
Release Date: March 2019


  • I did not know who Amerie was until Jack Grisham (vocals) told us T.S.O.L was covering "1 Thing"
  • Jack says: “I like go-go music and soul and anything that really moves. I first heard Amerie’s “1 Thing” in 2005, when it was released. F*cking infectious man, the way that groove keeps rolling, and she’s such a great vocalist. The lyrics were your basic relationship trip but then it hit me, this isn’t just a song about some dude, these lyrics read like a song to a system or a government that’d been up to no good. When she sang, “memories keep ringing bells” I was thinking of the state of our union today, the turmoil in our society, and where we’d been before—I was musing on our involvement in the Middle East, Latin America, Vietnam. I was thinking about the dirty deeds that this nation had been up to and then she sang, “why don’t you just admit it” and I realized that no one in power, not in this country, was ever gonna admit that we were wrong.” 
  • This is the video for Amerie's version of "1 Thing" (I now love Amerie):


  • This is T.S.O.L.'s version of "1 Thing" thanks to Spotify:


  • or YouTube:


  • I dare you to hit play on both Amerie's video above and T.S.O.L.'s spotify version at as close to the same time as you can.
  • Hardline Entertainment is taking pre-orders for the vinyl, which will be available in transparent red, white or blue and will have a black and white silk screened American flag on the reverse side. Limited to 150 units of each color. Records ship late March 2019.
  • Order up!
Cheers,
FOE







No comments:

Post a Comment