Monday, October 14, 2013

Pigs "Gaffe" EP on Solar Flare Records

PIGS
“Gaffe”
10” EP
Released: October 15, 2013


I love Unsane. I remember seeing Unsane in Philly at the Khyber Pass every couple months in the 90s for quite a while. Dave Curran joined Unsane on bass in 1994. Everytime Unsane or Tar or Laughing Hyenas would play at the Khyber, I would drop everything to be there.


Dave Curran plays guitar and sings in PIGS. Jim Paradise plays drums and Andrew Schneider plays bass and sings.


I do not have their first album “You Ruin Everything”. So this EP is my starting point. And definitely not my stopping point. I need to obtain this 10" on vinyl (digital is nice and all, but I'm a vinyl junkie) and "You Ruin Everything" LP too.


PIGS take me back to my love affair with Amphetamine Reptile Records. Pigs use all the best influences from Cows, Unsane, Gods Bullies and even throw in some TAD for good measure (even though TAD was Sub Pop).


These three tracks are perfect noise rock songs. They have that venomous, chaotic feel that I so love from Unsane. “Gaffe” is loud and obnoxious even at low volumes.



PIGS "Gaffe" is fantastic.





Cheers,
Frank FOE


No comments:

Post a Comment