Monday, February 9, 2015

Made Violent "EP"

Made Violent
"EP"
Startime International / Columbia
Released: February 24, 2015

Made Violent is a three piece band from Buffalo NY that brings to mind the Strokes rather than the Goo Goo Dolls. 


Upbeat, at times nearly bubblegum in their interpretation of garage rock, Made Violent strike the same ground the Strokes did before them. The pop sensibilities and strong songwriting are expertly measured against the raw, unpretentious rock. 


Made Violent interpret barroom nights and early morning malt liquor experiences as they attempt to find whatever twenty-somethings are looking for and they do so with strong musical chops, creativity and a driving energy that also brings to mind the Hives, if they sported flannel rather than suits.


The five tracks ("On My Own", "Two Tone Hair", "Dirty", "Inside Out", "Wasted Days") hit on all cylinders and inspired me to search out the demos on their bandcamp page (they've been working on this for awhile).
Check out their videos for "Wasted Days" and "Two Toned Hair".  





"WASTED DAYS"
Wasted days, too scared to tell you 
I was withering away, withering away 
Spent my younger days like I was king, 
but I still ain't got no diamond ring 

My mom and dad you know they called it sin, 
but I sure as hell didn't let no devil in 
You know I talk too fast but you can't look back 
so I never did, no I never did 

Talking to myself but no one's ever listening 
No I don't wanna change 
No I won't do anything 

Same old day, but no new dance 
Just the taste of fire and a place to be is all we need yeah 
To get me through all the things that I've done so wrong 
so horribly wrong 

My mom and dad you know they called it sin, 
but I sure as hell didn't let no devil in 
You know I talk too fast and you can't look back 
So I never did, no I never did 

Talking to myself but no one's ever listening 
No I don't wanna change 
No I won't do anything

Looking forward to plenty more from Buffalo's Made Violent!

Cheers,
Frank FOE







No comments:

Post a Comment