Friday, January 20, 2012

Faith "Subject To Change Plus First Demo" LP Review



When this LP was originally released (minus the demos of course) back in 1983, it had such an impact on me that I played it constantly on my radio shows on WLVR and eventually owned a blue and a pink vinyl copy. I say this, not to prove my record collecting prowess, but to prove another point. That point being how much I love this record. Although I love collecting records, it is a rarity that I have ever owned more than one copy of any record. Agnostic Front's "Victim In Pain" comes to mind as the only other record falling into this category for some reason, besides my close friends bands' records, of which I try to have every version. 


Listening to the demo versions of Faith's hardcore classics, that appear in non-demo form on either the original of this LP or the split LP with Void is an exhilarating sensation! The raw, rough, developmental angst of early hardcore comes across perfectly. One of the premier, groundbreaking harDCore bands. Another work of Dischord art.



No comments:

Post a Comment