Sunday, May 1, 2016

Face to Face "Protection" LP


Face to Face
"Protection"
Fat Wreck Chords
Released: March 4, 2016


Fans of this legendary, melodic, pop-punk band need not worry that this album will suck. Seriously. I know, sometimes when a band has been around for awhile... you just figure the next one has to suck...

Seriously. Get the record. Get the vinyl. Don't worry.

Just take a listen. As a fan... as someone who treasures that first needle drop on the Dr. Strange LP "Don't Turn Away" (1992)... as someone who treasures that first time I saw them in Philly somewhere... and has treasured every record since... "Protection" stands up against the best Face to Face has offered in the last 25 years, stands up against the best of the genre. 




Produced by Bill Stevenson and Jason Livermore means exactly what you think... pro sound, pro band... 




I love this record. A complete joy to listen to.

"Double Crossed" f&#king gives me chills. 

As soon as I listen to "Protection" once... I want to start the album all over again. Great record by a great band. Every song makes me feel like I am in that small club experiencing Face to Face again all over again for the first time. Blown away.

Thank you Face to Face.
Thank you Fat.

Cheers,
Frank FOE



No comments:

Post a Comment