Monday, January 28, 2013

Kromosom "Live Forever" CD Review


KROMOSOM
“Live Forever”
Southern Lord
Released: January 22, 2013


“Live Forever” is KROMOSOM’s discography thus far, previously available on vinyl only, on one CD.


  •           self-titled 12”
  •           tracks from the Hardcore Pollution split 7” with Isterismo
  •           “Paranoid” 7"

 
A typical Kromosom song goes like this… feedback, riff, ridiculous drums, tidal wave of puke unleashed with no production values.


Mind you, I enjoy that. This comes as close to the feeling I got when I discovered bands like Chaos UK and Disorder so many decades ago...


The guitars are absurdly distorted. The drums are a complete exorcism of energy. The bass is the only thing that makes this coherent… the only thing that keeps this from being complete f%#*in din. That low end is why I like this more than say Disclose, which is just a blender of noise.

To say I am anticipating May 21st at theBarbary in Philly (with Rotten Sound) is an understatement. I cannot wait to see this chaos live!

Cheers,
Frank FOE

No comments:

Post a Comment