Saturday, June 29, 2013

Transplants "In A Warzone" LP / CD

TRANSPLANTS
In A Warzone LP/CD
Epitaph Records
Released: June 25, 2013



I completely enjoy Rancid, Blink 182 and Transplants. “In A Warzone” is the Transplants 3rd LP. Transplants are Travis Barker (Blink 182), Tim Armstrong (Operation Ivy, Rancid) and Rob Aston.


I have read a few reviews of “In A Warzone” where there seems to be a critique that this isn’t as non-punk (elements of rap, ska, rock, pop...) as people expected and that this doesn’t seem like an avenue that Travis and Tim once used to do something different than Rancid and Blink 182.


I believe those authors are lost.


I listen to this album, like I do with all albums, with the hopes that whatever is in the grooves and/or files is a fantastic listen on whatever level.



"Completely Detach" touches a part of my brain that alters my sanity!

“In A Warzone” rips. Every song brings me a joy. The things I personally love from the Transplants are as follows: 
  • the dissonance in the music - do you hear it... I love it!
  • the example of successfully making music that includes the members individual rich history (personal and musical) and the rich history of the music they are influenced by and channel into their own compositions 
  • the feeling I get of complete elation when I hear a great album.

“When we started this band 13 years ago, we weren’t worried about who was going to like us,” states front-man Rob Aston. “We still aren’t. In A Warzone is more raw and stripped down than our previous releases. In my opinion, it’s our best album. It’s always been difficult to classify Transplants. But at the end of the day, we’re a punk rock band. We make whatever type of music we want.”



“In A Warzone” is one of the best records of 2013.



"Come Around" Transplants

Cheers,
Frank FOE








No comments:

Post a Comment