Saturday, January 23, 2016

Best Punk 2015

Best Punk 2015

There are a lot of genres within punk. This is a mashup of anything I consider punk (yes hardcore is a different list). Additionally, I had some thinking to do as there were a lot of older releases reissued in 2015 (reported on a different list) and also material that was issued in 2014 digitally but on vinyl (preferred format) in 2015. Also so many collections issued. So, you know, just check these out and don't go all punk rock elitist on me. 

These are the ten best punk records of 2015 according to Frank FOE as of January 2016. I added the clarifying date as I am sure over the next twenty years, I will discover dozens more punk albums that I missed during the calendar year 2015. Check my list of the Top 100 of 2015 as there are about two dozen punk releases that made that list. 

The purpose of this list is to reflect, to possibly introduce these records to someone who possibly missed them in 2015 and to share my love of music.

I rated these by two factors: how many times I actually listened to the record and how creative I found the release.

This is the stuff that helped make 2015 as good as it was. 

1. Sonny Vincent and Rocket From The Crypt "Vintage Piss"




2. Zex "Fight For Yourself"




3. Teenage Bottlerocket "Tales From Wyoming"



4. The Flag of Democracy 3-pack of split 7"s
F.O.D./Ex Friends
F.O.D./Dead Milkmen
F.O.D./Merda






5. The Brainstems "No Place Else"




6. Night Birds "Mutiny at Muscle Beach"




7.  Cosmic Psychos "Cum the Raw Prawn"




8. Various Artists " PUNK AID 4 -  AUTISM: BREAKING THE SILENCE"





9. Timmy's Organism "Heartless Heathen"



10. Droogettes / External Menace Split 7"



Cheers,
Frank FOE

Check the list of Best Metal 2015 here: http://frankfoe.blogspot.com/2016/01/best-metal-of-2015.html


No comments:

Post a Comment