Saturday, December 14, 2013

Their / They're / There "Analog Weekend EP" digital/cass/vinyl


Their / They're / There
"Analog Weekend" EP
Released: December 10, 2013


First listen to "New Blood", the first track on T / T / T's second EP and there is no doubt that they know what they are doing. I didn't know who was involved in this band before I clicked play, didn't read the press kit. No google. No cheating. No preconceived notions. 




Obviously on "Analog Weekend" T / T / T compose precise emo, skillfully executing their pop smarts, with enough energy and feedback (expertly inserted) to hook the listener. Think Cap'n Jazz, American Football and vintage Superchunk in a blender. 

So then I do the research and it goes something like this...  Evan Weiss (Into It. Over It.), Mike Kinsella (Owen, Owls, Cap'n Jazz, American Football), and Matthew Frank (Loose Lips Sink Ships).






I'm not going to proclaim to be some sort of emo expert, but I may be considered conversant on the topic. I consider Samiam, Jawbreaker, Rites of Spring, Sunny Day Real Estate, Cap'n Jazz, Jimmy Eat World, Get Up Kids and At The Drive In as bands I really like that are somewhat to very related to the emo genre. Are Gray Matter and Shudder To Think emo? Whatever. The bands I just mentioned are some of my all-time favorite bands. What I certainly do know, is a good song when I hear it. I recognize that three times on this 3 song ep. Damn this is a good record. Hopefully we see a lot more from this band and I can add T / T / T to the list.


Philly December 20th!



Cheers,
Frank FOE



No comments:

Post a Comment