Friday, June 1, 2018

Crim “Sense Excuses” 7” review

CRIM
“Sense Excuses”
Pirates Press Records
Released: April 21, 2018


Tarragona is a port city in the Northeast of Spain. Crim is from there. They sing in Catalan.



I’m learning all kinds of new things today as I had not heard of Tarragona nor Catalan.

I enjoyed Crim’s last album, “Blau Sang, Vermell Cel” (Blue Blood, Red Sky), but I guess I didn’t feel like doing the required research at the time.

Give “Blue Blood, Red Sky” a listen to here:


The b-side of this current 7” explains why I dig this band so much. They turn out splendid covers of Turbonegro and Cock Sparrer, two of my all-time favorite bands! 
“Sense Excuses” (translates to “No Excuses”) combines driving punk energy, gruff vocals, melodic chorus background vocals and cool guitar riffs. “Mai Vam Ser Especials” (translates to “We Have Never Been Special”) brings to mind a classic Samiam (another of my favorite bands) influence.

“Check the video for the title track “Sense Excuses” to get a sense of this excellent 4 track 7” for yourself:


Cheers,
Frank FOE






No comments:

Post a Comment