Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Corrections House "Last City Zero" Neurot


"Last City Zero"



Corrections House lured me in with the first two names I heard: Mike IX Williams (Eyehategod) and Scott Kelly (Neurosis). These are two of my all-time favorite bands to see live. Seeing Eyehategod at Jimmy's place in Allentown (December 2011) was amazing! Very memorable shows and that is a lot considering I have been going to shows regularly since 1982.


"Last City Zero" is a dark, yet enthralling album. Treacherously bleak, the songs took my already "not so happy state of mind" and transported me to another level of desolation. It has a power. This is not background music. I love it when a band demands your attention. Listening to a track like "Dirt Poor and Mentally Ill" had a direct impact on me.



I hear things differently than most people. I know that. Listening to the track "Bullets and Graves" I hear a beautifully murderous, evil, Big Black.  




Corrections House is dark, creative and powerful.


I love listening to the end result as much as I respect the creative aspects of "Last City Zero". That is an amazing accomplishment. As bands push the creative elements, the end result tends to be not something I would repeatedly listen to. "Last City Zero" has me hooked, I can't stop listening.


Cheers,
Frank FOE

No comments:

Post a Comment