Saturday, January 3, 2015

Godflesh "A World Lit Only By Fire" LP Avalanche

GODFLESH
"A World Lit Only By Fire"
Avalanche Inc
Released: October 7, 2014

In 1989, Earache Records introduced me to Godflesh. The label sent me a cassette of "Streetcleaner" and my mind was blown. 

In late 2014, Dave Weston and I were discussing the best of 2014, and he asked me if I had gotten "A World Lit Only By Fire" yet. I hadn't, so upon Dave's recommendation,  I immediately searched for a copy of the vinyl to purchase and my mind was blown again.

Heavy, dark, apocalyptic, punishing, industrial strength metal that has set the bar for the genre.  The sound on the vinyl is simply amazing. A powerful mood changer.

Head over to the bandcamp page (or in the player below) and give "A World Lit Only By Fire" a listen: http://godflesh1.bandcamp.com/album/a-world-lit-only-by-fire





"Obeyed"
Permission / Is Exclusive
Inclusive / But Denied
Rules / Are Exclusive
For Which / You're Excluded
Listen / You're Alone
You're A Cog / In Their Machine
You Won't / Make a Difference
You Will Never / Make a Difference

"A World Lit Only By Fire" is as mandatory in 2014 as "Streetcleaner" was in 1989 (and still is).

Godflesh is BC Green - bass and JK Broadrick - guitar, voice, machines.

Cheers,
Frank FOE









No comments:

Post a Comment