Sunday, January 25, 2015

Narcoleptic Youth "One Nation Under Nothing" LP

Narcoleptic Youth
"One Nation Under Nothing" LP
Dr. Strange Records
Released: September 11, 2014

Traditional Southern California speedy hardcore punk. Think Adolescents, CH3 or D.I. They've been around since the early 1990s and "One Nation Under Nothing" adheres to the crisp, experienced sound you'd expect from a band with such a long history. Fast without sounding untidy (aka this is tight).


Perfect backing vocals, great riffs, plenty of energy and snarl makes for a great addition to the genre that I've been listening to since the early 1980s.



Sweet, yellow/orange "flame" swirl vinyl (also available in black, which is oddly enough the limited version - 100 copies).

The LP contains a bonus track of Narcoleptic Youth covering the Adolescents' "Falling Out" with complete precision. Awesome. 

Side note, besides inspiring me to pull out my Adolescents LPs, Narcoleptic Youth made me transition to Parliament Funkadelic's 1978 classic "One Nation Under A Groove". Yes, in 1978 I was 12, and listening to P-funk. I still love this song (but not as much as "Flashlight"). 

Cheers,
Frank FOE
Dr. Strange Records:  http://www.drstrange.com/
Narcoleptic Youth:    http://narcolepticyouth.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment