- Song title: "That's What You Get For Thinking".
- Lyric from "Shut Your Face" - "you wanna get onstage you gotta start your own band and book your own damn show". Direct and to the point.
- Songs rock from start to finish in an enjoyable, hedonistic rock approach. Simple format since the inception that Supersuckers perfect with ease (simplicity).
- This begs to be played obnoxiously loud.
- Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll. "Being Bad", "Gluttonous", "Something About You", "High Tonight"..
- Love that the album artwork has that 25 year old used record bin look, brand new.
- Rip-roaring version of "Never Let Me Down Again". I love Depeche Mode. This is a m'f'er of a classic cover.
Sunday, March 2, 2014
Supersuckers "Get The Hell" LP review
"Get The Hell"
LP released: February 25, 2014
CD released: January 14, 2014
Supersuckers have a flow on "Get the Hell". Drop the needle anywhere on the vinyl and you will be greeted with their signature, high energy, rock meets punk meets country meets debauchery, music.
A song title using the F-word, like "F*ck Up", may have has lost it's sting in 2014. The F-word is so commonplace it generates only a shrug along the offensive lines. But in the context of a Supersuckers song, yeah, singer Eddie Spaghetti convinces you he indeed is a f&#$ up and they have the right to use the F-word anytime they want.
After two and half decades of existence (established in 1988), Supersuckers adhere to the K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle on "Get The Hell".
KISS is an acronym for "Keep it simple, stupid"
as a design principle noted by the U.S. Navy in 1960.
The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple
rather than made complex.
Supporting KISS documentation:
"Get the Hell" is a raucous, hedonistic fun release. Turn it up loud (when you think it is loud, I suggest turning the volume up one more digit) and have some fun! Let the neighbors hear how much fun you are having.
Acetate Records is offering a free download of "50,000 Middle Fingers Can't Be Wrong" EP. Click here and download it now!